WP3 Outreach Email Draft

Dear Professor Diane Mitnick,
Hello! My name is Aine McGonigle and I am a freshman communications major at Penn State Abington. I have been doing some research on your work in the communications field. I have been reading up on your public relations company and I am very impressed with all the experience and your knowledge of the field. 
I wanted to get in contact with you to discuss my ACURA project. I have been doing some research on media training and I am asking the question, "Do you think that by implementing media training/privacy standards into the installation of Facebook would decrease the amount of privacy issues we see occur on the platform?" This question interest me because I love the world of social media and Facebook is the one site that has had the most controversy surrounding it this past year. I actually watched the PBS Special called “The Facebook Dilemma” for my communications 100 class. I would love to work on this project with you because I feel that with your knowledge for the field and my fresh, new take on this topic, we could make a really amazing team. With this project, I was brainstorming ideas for how we can get a definitive answer and with your connections, we could ask companies that you have previously worked with id they believe that media training would be useful for the world to have. I have already started looking at articles we could use as references so I will attach my annotated bibliography of those articles HERE
I would really love to have you involved in this ACURA project. Let me know if you are interested in the next week. 
Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
Aine McGonigle
267-664-3215

Comments